VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What's new in this version
- is a major update that fixes a lot of regressions of the 2.0.x branch of VLC.
- introduces an important number of fixes and improvements for all playback, notably for Blu-Ray, DVD, HLS, Ogg and MKV files; but also for Vimeo, Koreus and Soundcloud.
- adds Opus codec support, including multichannel ones and streams, and MSS playback through DMO libraries.
- fixes numerous issues, including audio device selection, Qt and Mac OS interface, security issues and Windows wallpaper mode...
- fixes around a hundreds of bugs, and adds more than 300 commits on top of 2.0.3.